• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Little difference between idle and load?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kevral

Registered
I am only logging a difference between full load (Prime95) and idle of about 6 C, 36 C or so idle and 42 C at load.

-That sounds funny to me, I expected it to heat up much more. Am I not stressing it enough with Prime95? Could the heat sensor be broken?

I am running an XP2800+ on a NF7-S v2.0, with a SLK900 and a 39db Papst, and five 80mm case fans, if that matters.

Sounds about right to me. @ 1.85V on my NF7-S/SLK-900u, I get around 33 idle and 38-39 load most of the time.

i get about...... 49/55°C so, sounds right to me....

u got good cooling :) (my HS is 30°C at bootup,but it sucx so bad, it heats up :p)

Good to hear.
Thanks, guys. A little jumpy about temperature:)

Man u guys are lucky. My P4 2.8C runs at around 40C idle but reaches 58C when running Prime95 (the test with max heat).

My Thermalright SP-94 is arriving next week. Things should improve then. :)

on bootup my proc reads at 26C, in win its usually about 30-33C and under load at about 40-43C. but Ive also removed a bunch of fans to put in new case so airflow is really bad, heh.

This is on an NF7-S with XP 2400 and an SLK-800A and Sunon 80x80x34 tornado @ 12V.

Back