• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dif between A7N8X standard and Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

My friend owns the A7N8X standard, and he says that his has soundstorm. I was not aware that it did, I though that was only the deluxe. Does it?

I showed him those too. He said that
Just because they didnt specify that it has soundstorm doesnt mean it doesnt have it. They are just marketing it so you buy the deluxe

Perhaps I should just give up and let him believe his mobo has soundstorm?

Tell him to look at the actual Southbridge on his board (it's between the memory slots, and the CMOS battery). He will see the nForce2 MCP instead of nForce2 MCP-T chipset that has the soundstorm feature.

userA said:
Tell him to look at the actual Southbridge on his board (it's between the memory slots, and the CMOS battery). He will see the nForce2 MCP instead of nForce2 MCP-T chipset that has the soundstorm feature.

Or you can tell him he is a stuborn fool ;) Heh seriously though I have read countless reviews that state that it does not have soundstorm. I thought it was pretty much common knowledge at this point. Doesn't sound like you will be able to convince him otherwise no matter what you show him...

Ok I found exactly the evidence I think your friend will want. Ask to see his motherboard manual. In the first couple of pages are the specifications. Now the manual is shared between both models so if a feature is only on 1 of the models it says that. Under audio it has an item for

integrated APU(audio processing unit) (Delux model only)

Right after that it has:
Soundstorm/Dolby Digital (ac-3) encoder (Delux model Only)

:)

Yep, every review says the non-deluxe doesn't have the soundstorm feature. Even after he saw the MCP chipset with no T on his board, he may say the MCP chip has soundstorm :D

oh well if HE thinks it does.

that's what's important, right??

PS. soundstorm is pretty awesome though

Back