• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

burn in 2400+ at 500Mhz and 1.9v?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shiyan

I've asked this in the past, but I'm still in the dark, so I decided to ask again, as I got a new motherboard with much better voltage and multiplier options.

with the Abit NF7-S v2 I can get the 2400+ to run at 500Mhz and 1.9v. Under full load, temps are about 8C above ambient, or around 24C core at the moment. During the day it will probably climb to around 30C I guess.

So, is this the right settings for burning in? low speed, high voltage and low temperature? or is this speed too low?

Burn in at 2300, 1.75v did not seem to help at all.

hmm jenna jameson i think :)

Burn in sometimes lets u overclock more say u could only run a chip at 2.1ghz with 1.7V after burn in u MIGHT be able to run abit higher with 1.7V :)

Steven4563 said:
low speed + high voltage + low temps = burn in :)

So does this mean the lowest FSB and the lowest Multiplier and the higest voltage possible is the best way to Burn in?

Steven4563 said:
hmm jenna jameson i think :)

Burn in sometimes lets u overclock more say u could only run a chip at 2.1ghz with 1.7V after burn in u MIGHT be able to run abit higher with 1.7V :)

cool.

thanks.

So if you go for the lowest FSB and then the lowest multiplier and then find a Vcore that gives you about 45c thats a good burn in set up yea?

I was burning in at 6.5 * 166 @ 1.775 last night and temps at load where 43-45... should I lower the FSB and add some more voltage for a better burnin?

shiyan said:
cool, I will.

over 1.9v? how much? 2v?

I'll see if 1.9v and 500Mhz for 3 days does any good. Will report back.

sorry i meant wouldnt go much over 1.9V

i would have it running at 100*5 @ 1.9Vcore for 24 hours off prime95 :)

i used fsb/multiplier combo for 500mhz and 2.0vcore for 30 hours, and things just got worse... had to increase vcore from 1.7 to 1725 to remain stabile at 200x11

Back