• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

slk800/900...question about case temps.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigsoomo

hey whats up guys...i am currently runnin a thermaltake volcano 7 and my idle is 44.c and load is 51.c...my case temps on idle is 29.c/84.d and i was just wondering if i can run a slk800/900 with a stealth fan on it...can it be done? or a heat no no

Maybe... you would kidna have to try it I think you would do bettter with an adjustable fan so tha tyou can turn it up when you are playing games and such, a really low CFM fan might not work too well since your temps are pretty high, even with a better HS.

You might try taking you side panel off, if your temps go down you need to work on yoiur case airflow, if hta tis the case fix the airflow or keep the side off and you can prlly use a stealth fan.

def go with adjustable fan.. at low levels its as good as stealths.. but at high levels they can push quite alot of air.. try the Smart fan 2 =p

Back