• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multiplier range selector

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Coolest

Well some of us (or at least I) would like to make this thing, and will propably make it some day.

Basically its just a regular switch so you can activate either the Low range mode or High Range mode. Just look at the pic:

Mod.GIF

This means no wire tricks and removing HSFs to get lower/higher range of multies, with an only downside that you gotta solder this thing to the back of the mobo.
Now if anyone has a better/easier idea please post

Are Abit and Soltek the only nForce2s that post all multis on all T-Breds?

Although 1700+ can post only lower multis on other boards, I noticed that 2100+ can actually post all multis, so is it true that multiplier selection is only limited on below 2100+ T-Bred CPUs if you're not using Abit or Soltek nForce2 or any VIA?

Well it actually depends on the board, my mobo doesn't give me a lot of options, only either high range or low range multies. The KT7A should be pretty much the same, all KT133(A) and I'm guessing KT266(A) and prolly some KT333 mobos will act this way.
But even w/ a 1700+ on an NF2 board that doesn't support of 5 FIDs it still might have some use (going to high range w/o any other mods, and returning to low range if needed w/ a single click of a switch). But as I said this is more intended for Old mobos like mine.

Seems like a good idea. But the pins beneath the socket are really small, so i guess that'll probably be the only issue.

YviE

Back