• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another bridge connecting question (search didnt help)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bigdogbmx

Ok I have a T-bred B and I hace cut the 4th and 5th L3 but it seems I have nicked the 3rd as well because my board keeps giving 17 instead of 15x which would happen if I had cut the 3rd as well. So last night foolishly I scraped away all the plastic covering the bridges so I could get a proper look at the connections and it looks like the 3rd is cut a little bit. The worst part is that I used one cut to do the 4th and 5th so there is ONE pit if you follow. This means I cant just fill the pit with something conductive as it would join the bridges together which I assume is bad. I have tried to connect them using wire taped over but its very difficult to get it to touch the right places so its not really working. Does anyone know a SAFE and easy way to reconnect them in this situation? The worst part is that I must have damaged some more when I scraped them because the default is now 21x which is ridiculous. I have to use 95fsb to be able to boot. I know this is a big poost and a tricky question but any help would be appreciated a lot. Thanks, George.

Your best bet is to get some conductive ink and connect all the L3s except the 4th and 5th.

Cheers for the link l337. There is a maplins in leeds not too far from me and they are selling them for £15 but there is a auto shop too that sells the paint in a tin for £9. I think Im gonna get the paint and use a needle to put it on or something. Should be cheaper than a new CPU if it works. Than of course if it doesnt I have some conductive paint spare so ce la vie watever that means.

Back