• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Worth of mobo voltage mode on V2 NF7s?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deeppow

Worth of mobo voltage mod on V2 NF7s?

I've seen various opinions on the worth of the voltage mode on the NF7 v2 motherboards. Some saying it is of little value. I'm max out at 1.8v on the mobo and 216FSB having used the L12 trick too. I'll drag my box out and open it up to try the pencil trick if the mod looks of potential value.

Anyone got real experience with it, positive or negative? Many thanks for your feedback folks. :D

Last edited:
your vdimm is only at 2.7V, increase it to 2.8, set your timings to 11-3-3-2T and your fsb to 217

if that doesn't work, increase vdimm to 2.9 or 3.0.... i'm sure you can reach pc3500 speeds... you'll prolly go higher...

login211 said:
your vdimm is only at 2.7V, increase it to 2.8, set your timings to 11-3-3-2T and your fsb to 217

if that doesn't work, increase vdimm to 2.9 or 3.0.... i'm sure you can reach pc3500 speeds... you'll prolly go higher...

So you're telling me how to get 1Mhz more out of my system? That wasn't the question. The question was "do mobo voltage mods work on NF7 v2 to allow increased OCing?" :cool:

deeppow said:

So you're telling me how to get 1Mhz more out of my system? That wasn't the question. The question was "do mobo voltage mods work on NF7 v2 to allow increased OCing?" :cool:

obviously volt mods help...

fact is you may not need a volt mod at all... the board gives you enough options to overclock and increase voltages.... maybe if you were at 230+ you could need a volt mod to get higher but definetly not at 216fsb...

increasing vdimm won't just let you get 1 more mhz, it will prolly let you have another 5-7(who can really say...), maybe even another 10-15 more mhz...

Last edited:
Back