• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mumrah

for my new Antec Preformance Plus case, should i replace the antec fans that come stock? and if so, with what? I plan on heavy overclocking in this case and eventually mounting a water cooling system.

if they are pretty quiet, and you are going to do water cooling, then no you don't need some high cfm case fans.

20 CFM is good, especially when you're watercooling. The rotating speed won't be too high, thus reducing noise levels.

YviE

i love the crap out of my stock Antec 80mm fans they flow nice and best of all they are so quiet

I have 5 Antec 80mm... They are pretty loud if you ask me. They push a lot of air, but the fan on my side panel is just outrageously loud for me. I have never been able to hear the clicks of a HD or the noise of my 7000AlCu...

One thing that will help is to cut the stock case grills off..If you have kids around then put a wire finger guard on in place.Any restrition will effect the fans ability to produce the volumn of air dessired.

Ffats said:
I have 5 Antec 80mm... They are pretty loud if you ask me. They push a lot of air, but the fan on my side panel is just outrageously loud for me. I have never been able to hear the clicks of a HD or the noise of my 7000AlCu...

Ya, I think mine are pretty loud as case fans go too... If I had the money I would get quiter ones.

Cutting the case grills out will quite the fan because they dont have to fight the restriction of the grills. That goes for int. as well as exh.A good pair of sheet metal snips are about 15. I prefer the right hand cut,opposed to the straight cut snips. With the Rht.hand cuts in a circle nicely. Did to all my intake and exhaust grills.Much quitier now!!!

Last edited:
Back