• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a fan recommendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beefpops

This is what I have - Athlon Xp2100+ Tbred, Thermalright SLK-800A, and now I need a fan. I have a fan controller, so I am lookin for something with insanely high output, as I can adjust the speed. Maybe something that tops off around 75CFM or so. Anything that fits the bill?

hehe, the thermaltake SM2 can really push some air at max speed! about 140CFM i believe... though thats at 40DB too..

EDIT: is the SM2 pink???

He already has a fan controller so no need for the controller on the smartfan. Might as well get the Vantec Tornado. Just be sure your controller can handle the tornado, since many controllers cannot.

Jognt said:
hehe, the thermaltake SM2 can really push some air at max speed! about 140CFM i believe... though thats at 40DB too..

Tornado puts out 84.1 cfm at 55.2dba
SM2 = 75.7 cfm at 48dba (max setting).

Aside from just the pure cfm and volume (which the tornado obviously tops out in both categories) the tornado does not have as big of a dead zone in the center of the fan due to the shape of the blades. Ofc it is louder so you gotta decide what ya want. Either way at max speed they are both LOUD

from Jognt's store :)
Thermaltake Smart CaseFan 2 80x80x25mm:

- Afmeting: (size)
80 x 80x 25
- Stroom verbruik: (power usage)
8,44 Watt
- Fan snelheid (fan speed)
1300 - 4800 toeren/min. (rpm)
- Max. lucht verplaatsing (max air displacement)
128.6 m³/u
- Geluidsproductie (sound, db)
17 - 48,0 dBA
- Connector:
3 pins moederbordaansluiting
- Overige: (other:)
Dubbel kogel gelagerd
Doorzichtige fingerguard met 2 blauwe (Power) en 2 rode (HDD) LEDs, temperatuursensor, RPM regelaar, adapter op 5,25" aansluitingen.

this is wrong info??

Do you know the wattage the controller can handle?

If you do, compare that to the wattage the fan uses (it should say on the label) If the fan lies within the wattage the controller can handle you should be fine.

Anyway, does the Smart Fan 2 come in any other colors besides the ugly orange? What about just plain black?

Heres the info I could find on the Nexus:

Rated Voltage: 5V 5% ~ 12V 5%
Input Power: 5V Less than 0.5W
12V depends on the type of CPU cooling fan

Can anyone make sense of that? I need to know the highest Wattage it can handle.

I'm pretty sure the vantec nexus panel can handle a tornado, I cant find actual specs on how much it can handle though. So you may be better off with the Smart Fan 2.

Unless someone here is using the tornado on the multifunction panel..

if you're looking for an 80mm fan, mechatronics has one 8025X model that can do 51cfm at 35dBa. not too loud but pretty decent air volume.

Back