• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System Failed Memory Test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sai

Registered
Well, got my system put together, went for a power on, got a failed memory test. Ok, I had bad ram, RMA'd it, got the new ram... same thing. any suggestions? (two 512 mb sticks of pc3200 ram, on an Asus a7n8x delux mobo)
Thanks.

No - system starts to boot, I got a 'system failed memory test' error, and the system shuts down

Forgot to mention in the original post - I no longer get the 'system failed memory test' when I power on, it just starts, seems to be booting for a few seconds, then shuts down. I have tried one stick ram, does nothing.

it may be ur chipset's problem, make sure those sticks of ram are working and try it on another comp. also u may want to clear the cmos, some weird setting may be mucking it up

another thing u may want to try is switching components with another comp until u find the faulty part
________
UGGS

Last edited:
System 'loads' i think, it starts up, hear some noise, no POST messages, but I get no video output, I have tried two monitors and two graphics cards, nada... anyone have any suggestions?

I can power on, and it stays on, but nothing happens, it just hangs, no video output =/

looks like the bios coruption issue but you haven't even booted up yet....

have you tried clearing cmos yet? do you have a pci vid card around?

what revision is your motherboard? does it seek the floppy when you boot up? if so, check out the stickys at nforcersqh.com under asus, check the faq, it has instructions on how to boot up after you corrupt your bios

I'm still getting 'system failed mem tests' at POST, they happen once every three to four boot-ups, I've learned to live with them, or should I be concerned? My system doesn't appear to suffer any performance loss

Nothing has worked so far.
Gunna run out and get a new battery, and try that.
Am I correct in saying I have two options here?
1) flash my bios some how
2) buy a new mobo?
-sai

go w/ option 2, get new mobo, the 2.0 is better anyway, the bios runs on 4v, instead of 2v, besides that, they run at 400mhz fsb right out of the box w/ no problems, hell, got my 2700+ at 436

I to am having the same trouble with my A7N8X deluxe Rev 2
Have tried different bios's.
I hit the power and it powers up but the monitor light will just flash, and there are no beeps from the mobo, so it just sits there. on hitting reset 80% of the time it will say failed memory test, but still boot into XP
Anyone have any other idea's as to what may be the cause?.
Sys spec
2500+ Barton
A7N8X deluxe Rev 2
2x512mb Crucial 2700
Enermax 431w PFC PS

Cheers.

For those of you who are not able to post and get a "system failed memory test, put one stick of ram in slot 1, not slot 3. Make sure your bios setting for memory is set to auto. I have found with default bios setting (CMOS reset), my ram sticks in slot 1 and 3 will not post.

Make sure your RAM is seated properly.

Make sure your RAM is support by this MB. Also, check your bios revision. Bios Rev 1007 includes support of additional RAMs.

Also, your CMOS battery should be checked for 3 volts. If the voltage is below 3V, replace it. If you don't have voltmeter, replace the battery to be sure. Hopefully these actions will allow you to post.

Iv got the 2.0 board, 2500 Barton, 2 sticks 512 Crucail 3200 running dual (both blue slots), 9600 Radeon, and 160gig SATA running as main drive and I get the same thing... I was getting the "memory fail test" almost every time but the system would still boot. Iv flashed the BIO's to the new version and I dont seem to get the warning as much.

Charlie

Make sure that if you clear the bios to have the power supply off & hold the power on button on to drain all of the juice from the M/B. Remove the battery, replace it to safe & pray that it boots.

I am on my third board as I type. First one quit working, second one was DOA, and this one had problems with memory check failed. If I posted the FSB beyond 185 with my Mushkin PC 3200 Black Level II. I would receive the memory check failed or worst it would not boot even into the bios.

I played with the bios settings & still no change. I called Mushkin & little or no help. I installed new Mushkin PC 3500 Black Level II & it works great. I am running 195x10.5 smooth as silk.

I was lucky & Mushkin agreed to RMC my PC 3200 ram for credit.

Good luck because I have had the same problems. The M/B is touchy!

Pat:)

Back