• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

strange phenomenon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cujo

took my sata drive to a friends house to backup his stuff on cause he formatted. got back tonight and put my hdd back in. suddenly idle temps are 5C higher... i'm sure these things are not related but what the heck is going on. i didn't even move my comp to take hdd out!

i do use hardware doctor in windows but temps are usually in-line with bios readings. could the software be giving me incorrect temps for some reason?

the room is a little warmer than usual but i'm sure not 5C warmer. also, my system temp reading is lower than normal.

Prime95 Torture test the thing for half a day, no errors? You've got nothing to worry about.

Temperature readings are notoriously inaccurate and as long as they're half-way reasonable, stability tests are the only thing that counts in the end.

Did you disrupt the cabling in your machine when you removed and reinstalled the drives? Its amazing what poor airflow can do to temps...

yea it's still stable. just strange that temps jump that much.

it was an sata drive and if you know my case then airflow is not a problem.

Back