• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT7A Modding... All KT7~KT7A owners please read..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

Ok, I'm soon to be making the plunge to a Barton 2500+ CPU and I know that I'll have to be pin mod the motherboard to gain access to multipliers 13X and up.

The question is, has anyone actually done this on the KT7 or As and if so, on the KT7As, have they been able to get over 132MHz bus (264MHz FSB) while maintaining stability?

Thanks everyone in advance.

P.S - BTW, I am also in the works of creating a new bios that has some more performance tricks including forcing the DIMM + PCI clock option for people that think they have memory that can handle 166MHz :D Thankyou everyone for being so patient, this bios is tricky and overclockers.com has been nothing but amazing with all the support of the KT7 KT133 platform.

OC-Master

I used an XP2400 on the KT7A; therefore I have all multiplier above 13X. For 133 MHz FSB, the only multiplier seemed to work is 17X (9X). Sandra Burn-In-Test is working fine. However, Prime failed at this multiplier in about one hour. From what I have learned so far, only a few lucky people can use XP CPU with 133 FSB with KT7A (and the only multipliers that will work are 17X or 17.5X). Nobody has answer why the KT7A designed for 133 FSB FSB can not reliably run this bus speed. Right now I am running at 22*100 with PCI+HSTCLK set to 133 MHz for memory.

I need to get some amazing results. I need 2.50GHz to be happy with my final processor for this motherboard.

I wonder, will 17.5 X 143 be capable from a AQZEA Barton 2500+ CPU??

I got the Volcano 7+ heatsink with AS3 and my motherboard is voltage modded so i can give any voltage i want.

2.50GHz is what I'm aiming for..

OC-Master

Sorry, no bettert result here either.Only 17x goes up and 133 is my top.Of course ,I can run windows even @2350 ,but no stable with my crappy PSU at 1.85 Vcore (Rail +5V modded and externally plugged on the mosfet.)

I 'm a little worried if it's the A9 bios that's causing it, but I have no previous record of the bios before this one.

I guess I should ask the question,, Is there anyone even on O/C Forums that has a Barton running in there KT7A and if so, what kind of an overclock are they getting with which FSB Frequency?

OC-Master

Back