• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2500+ Barton OC Recommendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XunknownX

Disabled
If you have this CPU, do you have more luck overclocking by lowering the multiplier and upping the FSB, or upping both? I've heard of people lowering the multiplier and putting the FSB all teh way to 200. Let me know your thoughts.

I haven't had any that wouldn't at least do 11.5x190. Some do 11x200 at default voltage but others take 1.7.

you should be able to leave the multiplier at 11 and bump the fsb to 200 wihtout adding much voltage....... and upping the fsb is only possible if you have good ram.. and we'll pc2700 usually dont cut it =|

With some good PC2700 you might get 190+MHz FSB, but don't count on it. Get some good PC3200 memory or, even better, some PC3500.

YviE

Instant gratification got the best of me. I bought generic PC2700 RAM from PCClub. bah. ANyone wanna buy some RAM? :p

Hehe i din't even think of this. I got mine and lowered the multi a bit and cranked up the FSB to 200 FSB before i even booted the very first time. :D

You have to show em that 200 is the minimum they have to do! :p

So basically you gotta ***** slap the CPU as soon as you get it eh? I've had mine for 2 months....maybe it's already set in it's ways.... I'll see what i can do. Time to pimp it

Back