• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A64+nf3 doing 25,199 in 2k1 and other benches here!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

qwerty57

BANNED TROLL-Silversinksam
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7045262

35spi.GIF

47spit.GIF

256a64.GIF

:drool: Very nice. But why only 1.5v on a Prommie? Looks like if it can do 2.5ghz with that low voltage, it should be able to pull in the low 3ghz range with more.

you all need to understant the "MULTI IS LOCKED AT 10X" and sync 1:1 is way faster than 5:4..

at 260 1:1 im doing now with max VC clocks ill be really close to 27,000 ;)

funny i was going to suggest you join something like xtremesystem's 3dmark team so you'd have some competition... then i noticed the name in the description ;)

That's quite a sweet system, qwerty57. Congratulations. If you're Mickey Mouse over at XS then I've been keeping track of you guys' progress for a while now. See if you can show us 27k. :)

very nice MM/qwerty57
ive been following along at the es.org also.

have you seen any chances of unlocking these a64's or the 140/240 opterons yet?

im dieing for dual mem controller on a unlocked 1.4ghz opteron.
wishfull thinking so far anyhow.

i havent tried a a64 yet,but from the ihs taken off one i see why its a cool running chip, very large core.

no one ive seen has toasted one yet,but that will be changing once people think these are not hot running and try too much vcore. false illusions of it will take more vcore since its not that hot.

good luck maxing it out also.bet ya aint getting much sleep either :)

well nope on the unlock, but Im sure with that i could do some serious/massive dammange right now.. I would love 270 1:1 max timings tho ;) hehe we can all wish right?

if the sandiago was out with a 4x HT working on the nf3 chip at 250x10 in dc 1:1 it would smash 30k in a second IMO..

qwerty57 said:
you all need to understant the "MULTI IS LOCKED AT 10X" and sync 1:1 is way faster than 5:4..

at 260 1:1 im doing now with max VC clocks ill be really close to 27,000 ;)

D'oh! My bad, I did completely forget that they're locked. Have you tried it with lower cooling? Do you think that 2.3ghz-2.4ghz could be possible on air with these, like is common with the t-Breds?

i dont have air but from what i hear 2300-2400mhz isnt hard...

If you noticed the Aces review http://www.aceshardware.com/read.jsp?id=60000268 of an FX-51 o/c'ed to 2.8, it took a special bios to allow for multiplier unlocking. Hopefully it won't be long before all the A64/A64FX boards (at least those from o/c friendly manufacturers) offer bioses for multiplier manipulation.

Also, about increasing voltage... from what I have read, the clock signal problems which were overcome by increasing voltage on older cpus do not occur with SOI and increasing voltage with SOI does not serve much purpose besides providing the raw wattage needed.

Very nice. :)

You have a link or any pics of the cooling?

Damn, I have to get an a64 asap. Soon as I find someone who'll buy my alias/wavefront maya 3 unlimited (legal original copies) with the whole set of alias's books.

Back