• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some pictures of Thermaltake Giant 2 installation on a radeon 9800 pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
jesus christ, thats like a 9800 with aluminium foil around it! then the tornade :D

damn, pretty cool :D but wheres the card? ;)

Even at stock speeds, the heatsink does get very hot to the touch (with the 80 mm fan on it). About as hot as the stock heatsink got after some high intensity gaming.

You can never have too many fans, can you? hehe

thanks man i was planing on getting one of these when i get my 9800 pro, what kind of temps are you getting and oc or not oc

GPU die temps hover around 42 celsius at stock speed, idle (with two 80 mm case fans blowing air over the heatspreaders).

The hottest i've seen it get at stock speed was 44 celsius.

GPU at 420 mhz, memory at 350 mhz, while running 3dmark03, hottest i saw it get was 47 celsius and the gpu temp hovered at 43 celsius while at idle.

GPU at 450 mhz, memory at 355 mhz, while running 3dmark03, i saw it top 48 celsius and it hovered at 44 at idle.

I'm not planning on pushing it past 450 mhz.

I don't have the tornado hooked up. Those temperatures I posted were with Antec 80 mm case fans on the top and bottom of the heatsink. They are fairly quiet. I did not see a reason to hook up a big noisy tornado fan on the heatsink if it was not necessary.

Back