• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S 2.0 weird problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mata2974

I have a second RMA NF7-s 2.0 that arrived today. It wont boot with my XP 1700 TBrea "B". This processor will boot with the old MB that the RMA is suppose to replace,..( replacing it because it will not work above 166 FSB and any voltage increase above 1.60v it will shut off with sirens) the same processor has worked well with the first
MB. This is weird, I have no clue whats going on. I just dont have words enough about ABIT RMA people. This new RMA will boot with Thunderbird and Palomino, but no no no to my XP1700 Tbred B. I dont have another Tbred B or Barton to test with to see if its just this type of processor core or whatever. I called Abit tech and the guy said maybe its because of voltage and memory. My PSU is Antec TP550W, I can measure the voltages with voltameter and its 5.02 and 12.03 constant. Memory works fine with another MB. I am tired of RMA to Abit and I cant believe that they would send me a second cheezy wizzy board What should I do? Is there something wrong with the processor too?

replacing it because it will not work...and any voltage increase above 1.60v it will shut off with sirens

I once had this same problem, and it was actually an issue with the CPU. If you can get a third motherboard to test it on it would be great.

Personally i dont think it's the motherboard, i think it's the CPU.

well guess what, since I will be building a computer for a friend I just went and bought an AXDA 1800DT3LC JIXHB from a local store, suppsedly for my friend and I plugged this brand new CPU in this MB and it wont boot. That leaves only one culprit:mad:

ah touché

very wierd problem you got there, call abit up and tell them what you've tried...

2 different boards owned by the same person that cannot/willnot accept a tbred processor... i don't think i've heard of anything wierder than this :p

gl to you sir

Back