• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KG7 Poblems with ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fiz

I know this is kind of an old board but it has served me well and I just can't seem to get rid of it.... :) Anyhow, I remember reading back when this board was new that there were some problems using more than 2 unregistered DIMMs. I have currently 2X256MB sticks in my rig, I happened across another 256MB stick and would like to use it. Has anyone here come across any tricks or anything to get more than 2 sticks to run correctly. I have seen in a couple of places that you can sometimes run 4 sticks of unbeffered together but have seen nothing on running 3 sticks. I have already gone over Paul's FAQ's and they did not have much there. TIA everyone.

Fiz

When I installed it the system became very unstable. It blue screened a few times and corrupted a system file. I tried using slow mem timings to see if that helped but it still kept giving me blue screens.

I am currnetly running:
1700+ (Pally) at 1.73GHZ
133 fsb

The system is rock solid if I only use the 2 sticks. The memory is all Crucial (including the third module) all the same size, speed, and voltage.

Fiz

Try populating the slots furthest away from the CPU socket & increase the VMem to 2.75V. Let us know how it turns out.

Back