• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about RAM settings in NF7-S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wannaoc

Anyone that has an NF7-S I need a little help about setting up my RAM.

The 5/5, 5/4, 5/3, etc setting, I know its FSB clock divided by first number then multiplied by second. Is that actual FSB (410) or the clock (205)?

Also when I run CPU-ID on the top of the memory page there is a Channels # slot. Mine says Single even though I have a 512 stick in both of the DIMM slots that are sitting right next to each other on the board. Should one of the sticks be in the slot out by itself a little? I am aiming for duel channel with it. TIA.

Thanks, I'll ****ch it out. Also what number should I use for working out that setting. The actual or the clock? Like 410 / 4 x 4 = 410 RAM speed. Or is it 205 / 4 x 4 = 205 RAM speed?

for all intents and purposes they are one and the same. The actual clock would be 200,205 or whatever, but both ddr-sdram and the memory controllers on the socket a cpu's (athlons/bartons ect) can work on two instruction for every cycle - that's where the x2 comes from.

so, wether your working with 205 or 410, you are correct. DDR working at 205 is really workoing at 205x2 - 410 theoretical.

ummm, is that understandable? lol

Well at startup in the bios check screen it says "memery clock (think thats it) 347. Thats at "auto" setting the ram speed setting. I want to get my ram running equal to my 410 fsb if it will get there.

yes, the memory clock being 347 would be running at 173x2 or thereabouts. to equal your fsb you must set those fsb/ram dividers to 4/4, 5/5, 6/6 ect. than would then run them "in sync" or "100%"

Back