• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TIM between die & IHS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RonnieG

Specifically what TIM does intel and AMD use between their dice and heat spreaders? Any links or datasheets will be appreciated.

My p4 2.4c boxed ,had a thermal tape, type material on the HSF.heat sink. But like I have read at this site the thermal compond is to fill the irregularities in the surfaces.Sort of like using a thread sealing compound on pipe threads.It fills the gaps!

I'm not interested in the TIM between the IHS and heatsink.

I want to know specifically what brand and model of TIM those companies use BETWEEN THE DIE AND IHS.

I'm asking because the IHS is intended to be "permanent" (not that it really is ;-), therefore the TIM used probably has very good LONG-TERM STABILITY. Such a TIM would probably be useful in overclocking applications.

You aren't understanding him.

He is asking what intel puts on the core of their cpus before they attach the heat spreader.

Think I saw some lit at Intel on how they assemble the CPU.Maybe it says something about it ,dought it though.Thanks for the clarify on that.

Back