• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sandra results...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KidJethro

How do these results compare to what everyone is getting?

Arithmetic Benchmark-
Dhrystone ALU 9274 MIPS
Whetstone FPU/iSSE2 2588/5711 MFLOPS

Multi-Media benchmark-
Interger iSSE2 13,826 it/s
Flointing Point iSSE2 21,897 it/s

Memory Bandwidth benchmark-
RAM Int Buffered iSSE2 Bandwidth 4776 mb/s
RAM Float Buffered iSSE2 Bandwidth 4764 mb/s

Also, whats the story on the "Burn-in Wizard" in Sandra? Should I run it?

Last edited:
Looks kinda low, here's what i get
mba11.cgi

I don't think the Sandra burn-in thing is very good. I think you'd be better off with Prime95 and Memetest.

q149:
Obviously he's not running his memory at 247MHz, and therefore will not post those kinds of numbers.

Jethro:
We can't give you much useful information because you have't been specific about your setup. What is your fsb, memory ratio, timings, and other pertinent bios settings?

larva-

FSB is 251.
The MSI board doesn't have a "mem ratio" setting, it has a "DRAM Freq" setting. Choices are 266, 333, 400, auto, 500, and 532. Mine is set at 333, which I believe would be 5/4.

Timings are listed in sig below.

What other "pertinent BIOS" settings do ya need? ;)

I'd say that you're pretty close to getting what you should. according to sandra's data base your memory score should be about 4888 for a DDR of 400 on a 865 mobo and your other scores are slightly less than a 3.2C according to their data base. About what I'd expect.

Phil

KidJethro said:
larva-

FSB is 251.
The MSI board doesn't have a "mem ratio" setting, it has a "DRAM Freq" setting. Choices are 266, 333, 400, auto, 500, and 532. Mine is set at 333, which I believe would be 5/4.

Timings are listed in sig below.

What other "pertinent BIOS" settings do ya need? ;)

That would put your memory at 401.6MHz, and your scores a bit low for that. My machine does just under 4700 at 380MHz, and would approach 5000 at 400MHz.

The "other bios settings" I refer to would be an anauthorized PAT implemntation such as the Abit and Asus 865 boards have. It is a very beneficial thing, and if the MSI lacks it that is responsible for a good part of the small performance differential between what you are seeing and optimal 865 results.

Yeah, i know. It would still be too low if he was running 5:4 like i figured.

I guess he says it is set at 333mhz though, not 401.. so he must be at 3:2 and his score looks good then.

He's runnig 5:4. It's the same stupidity that is responsible for the 5:4 being labled "320MHz" in the Asus bioses. At the 200MHz fsb default, 3:2=266MHz, 5:4=320MHz (changed to 333MHz on the MSI), and 1:1=400MHz. Rather than listing the actual ratios so sane people can tell which one they are running they are labled 266,320, 400 on the Asus and 266,333,400 on the MSI. He's selected 333MHz, meaning he's running 5:4. Abits aren't perfect, but the bioses are... (at least by the time you get to bios 16 :D)

Oh, ok. I was thinking it might be something like that, but then i was thinking it would say 320.

Since it is 5:4 i think you should score 5200 at the least. Try rebooting and running it first thing.

Back