• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Probe & Sisoft Sandra Temp Accuracy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

linkiat

Registered
I am using Asus Probe temp and voltage monitoring and my CPU temp reads 40C. At the same time, I also have Sisoft Sandra installed and indicating 38C. Wonder which one should be a more accurate read off. Opinions welcomed. Thanks.

I always tend to believe higher temps rather than lower while overclocking... Just as a precaution.

Generally speaking, I've heard the Asus probe can be off by a bit, so the Sandra temp I would probably assume to be the more accurate of the two.

There was a time when PROBE was generally off by a full 10°c but that was back in the KT133A era, I haven't heard anything about serious temp problems in the KT600 systems. But any system where you're using something in the motherboard, instead of inside the chip (or touching the side of the core itself) is bound to give readings that aren't 100% accurate, I recommend going by what Ffats said and when confronted by two different of numbers erring on the side of caution.

Try motherboard monitor 5 and see if it will read the actual cpu diode temps. That temp will be higher than those reported by the socket thermistor read by asus probe.

got the mbm5 readout, which tallies with the Sisoft Sandra. So i guess ill stick with this reading since it's from both sources. thanks for all the replies and help!

Back