• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WHy the trouble with Duron 1.2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aeon Flux

I NEED TO CONTACT SILVERSINKSAM, AS I HAVE A OUTST
A member of the boards sent me a free chip out of the kindness of his heart. It was a Duron 1.2 ghz chip to replace my tbird 1.1 that fried. The first thing I tried to to was of course over clock. So far this little Duron overclocked incrdiebly stable to 1.4 ghz rock solid on air cooling alone. I am gonna try switching the jumpers over on my board to do a 133 fsb but for right now i can only do 117 through the bios. What I was wondering is why everyone is having such a problem overclocking this cihp? Right now its running at 54 degrees celcius(which is 2 deggrees over my normal. My system always gets hot and no one can figure it out). Why is everyone having such a problem over clocking this chip though?

you've hit the wall.

I am pretty sure 1.4~1.5 is the limit for the duron. It's just the nature of the design of the chip.

I didn't have any problems with mine except that it pumped out heat like a mofo. Took the 1.3 I had to 1511 If I recall.

Back