• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

komusa pc4000 hyperram-275 1-1 and still climbing!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flapperhead

finally after a month i gotta chance to install my new 2.4c 1c7 and komusa hyperram. after some exhaustive research i decided to get the hyperram cause all of the other stuff besides the geil costs and arm and a leg... the guys at komusa informed me the hyperram (not their pc4000) employs the new adata pc4000 chips. so for $160 with free shipping i decided to give their 512 dual channel a try. So far, preliminary testing is very very impressive.
After updating my bios to the latest version( a must). i am able to get the comp to boot easily at a 275 fsb using a 1-1 memory ratio (havent tried any higher yet).If the cpu will hang in there i believe this memory will go much higher... I still have some quirks to iron out. so far this memory will not work unless u use a 1-1 ratio.. Im not sure weather this is a bios or a memory issue. secondly this stuff loves high voltage. At 2.6v it barely goes past 253. however when i max the vdimm (2.8V) that is when this stuff starts to crank.Probably do a vmem mod later on to get some real voltage to these sticks. anyway im just really still in the testing and debugging phase, normally i wouldnt post till i was thru. but this memory is turning out some really impressive numbers so i thought id let you guys know we may have a real diamond in the rough with this memory...

What's your highest speeds using RAS-to-CAS Delay (tRCD) and RAS Precharge (tRP) timings of 3? Instead of 4, used in 3-4-4-8 rating. What's the highest it can go on 3-3-3-8 timings?

If u read my post youd see i have an abit ic7 ( although i screwed up the I) As for komusa,I can only speak for myself, as i said i did alot of corresponding and research b4 i decided to buy from them. my experience was very positive. they answered all of my questions ( both email and on the phone) and shipped the memory promptly.You sound kinda angry. have you had a bad experience with them? If so i understand. If not then dont believe everything you read.I find that thoroughly researching a product and corresponding with a vendor is a good way to make a decision when buying .... As i said in the original post, i am nowhere near thru testing and debugging this setup. I only posted because this memory is showing alot of potential, was very reasonably priced and i wanted to share this with the members.For the first questions as to the timings, i just set the timings on auto so i didnt check what they were.( i believe 2.5, dont know the others). later on ill post with timings bm"s when i get finished...

Back