• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has my xp2000 reached its limit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flar

Hello,

I have an xp 2000 T-bred B (jiuhb 0321 wpmw), Asus A7N8X-X, and PC3200 RAM.

Right now I'm OCed to 204 X 9.5 = 1940MHz at default voltage (1.6), totally stable. The problem is that I can't go any higher than this, even if I raise vcore to 1.8. My temps are fine (35 idle, 43 load) and I've tried increasing vdimm too. No matter what comination of fsb X multi I use, I can't seem to run this cpu over 2000MHz.

Have I hit the limit? It seems strange to me that it can be stable with default voltage at 1940 but my computer won't even POST at 2000. Has anyone else encountered this kind of problem?

I have OKIA 350 watt PSU and Spire Falconrock II cooler, not the greatest cooler, i know, but my temps aren't bad. I suspected the power supply already, so I unhooked my CDRW and floppy drives from the power supply, still couldn't OC any higher.

Back