• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Before purchase compatibility question:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmm, your KT266a uses essentially the same memory controller as the KT400 the owner says the ram won't work with. I'd seriously consider either the Buffalo PC3200 CH5 or (preferably) the Buffalo PC3700 BH5 modules from newegg. Both are less than 100 bucks and good stuff.

Thanks larva.

I suppose if I chose to order one of your suggestions, I could probably make a return for the cost of shipping if it was incompatible.

Yeah, newegg is great about returns. I tried the Buffalo 3200 first to see how it was and wasn't entirely pleased with it, as I could not run as agressive as settings as I wanted at 380MHz. Given that it represented as 400MHz ram, I called newegg and they gave me an RMA immediately and did not charge me a restocking fee. Given that you can ship a couple sticks of ram via USPS for next to nothing you risk little by giving it a shot.

I bought the 3700 from newegg and I like it better. It definitely tolerates more agressive settings and is a great value. I can recommend the 3700 to all, and the 3200 to anyone who is not running an Intel dual channel chipset. Your KT266a should have no compatibility issues and perform excellently with either type.

Back