• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Meet the new baby!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cuda

Damn! This is my first o/c, and I am as excited as I was when my first daughter was born!...well almost. I have to show her off though, even if it ain't the greatest o/c in the world, I am still proud!!!:D

firstoc.jpg

I know the quality of the image is poor, but it is the best I could do:)

That's a great clock. Let me give you some advice with the image. MAke it a low color .gif image. Great overclock man! Don't be shy about that one at all.

that is quite awsome. what voltage did you use?
I'm getting frustrated with all these 1700+ and 1800+ kicking my 2400+'s ***. was that a stable speed?

edit: I should go to bed. I can't believe I didn't read till the end of his sig...

Last edited:
yeah, in his sig says prime stable 11+hours on blend

congrats dude, i'm jealous, can't get this 1800+ over 2300mhz(not that thats bad, lol)

I ran Prime95 on blend mode for over 13 hours last night. My wife was ready to kill me because of the SF-2 running full speed! I can only imagine what a tornado sounds like!

VCore=1.85
Vdd=2.0 (Northbridge heatsink is cool to the touch!?)
Loaded temp reached 51ºC last night after running prime for a couple of hours, but is at 44ºC now. It fluctuates with the room temps.

try having 5 tt sf2's(2 intake, 2 exhaust, 1 on heatsink) sounds like a damn vaccum cleaner

fiancee gives me a ringing everytime i prime too, as i usually overclock at night after work

Deathknight: if you are using a Prometeia, is it the 1st version or Mach2? Modified or stock?

I'm thinking of buying Socket A fittings for my 1 year old Prometeia.

Molester said:
try having 5 tt sf2's(2 intake, 2 exhaust, 1 on heatsink) sounds like a damn vaccum cleaner

fiancee gives me a ringing everytime i prime too, as i usually overclock at night after work

I can only imagine! I just worked out a deal in the classifieds for a water cooling rig. I plan to modify it a bit and use two heater cores, the one with the system I'm buying plus one I have. I am also getting some pc3700 Buffalo. I think with better cooling and better RAM I can maybe hit 2.5!

Cuda said:
Vdd=2.0 (Northbridge heatsink is cool to the touch!?)
Loaded temp reached 51ºC last night after running prime for a couple of hours, but is at 44ºC now. It fluctuates with the room temps. [/B]

I dont think that the NB should be cool to the touch at over 200 mhz fsb with 2v going into it. Definitly take off the cooler and at least apply some good thermal paste to it or something.

on my 8rda+ 1.1 the nb cooler got almost scalding hot at 1.65vdd at 200mhz fsb and after i volt modded it to 1.85 v i measured it at running 58c. If theres no fan on the heatsink it should be quite hot to the touch, but everything seems stable so maybe its not a problem afterall.

Cuda said:
Maxvla you are DA MAN! (god, I hope you are male and that's not you in your avatar...otherwise, insert foot into my own mouth)!
no worries. you are correct ;)

Thanks all, I am going to pull the NB tonight or tomorrow anl see if it needs lapped. Then I think I'll take the stock hsf from this cpu and put it on the nb with some as3. I thought it should get pretty warm myself so I'm concerned about it. It maybe alright now, but for how long, ya know?

I also finalized a deal for a w/c setup. Just waiting for the payment to transfer then I can really see what this thing will do.

BTW, credit where credit is due:

Without the help of everybody here in the forum, I could never have done this. I honestly believe that the most computer intelligent people in the world post here at overclockers. Thanks to everyone!

Back