• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP2100+ OC'd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mj23jay_lin

Registered
Ok I've tried to OC my CPU once, and it didn't pass Prime95 after 3 hrs. but PC was working fine so i ignored it for about 3 weeks, then i started to notice my graphic in games are rendering wrong and sometimes PC will go run so slow for no reason.

so i changed everything back to default but now my PC still runs about that same.

can i screw up my Mobo and CPU by OC like that?? It works, but not great. PC reboots itself when i run mIRC for 30-60 min.

What's wrong with my f'd up PC??

Wat exactly do you have for a rig? equipment wise, that is.

type of mobo.
xp2100 (which week) JIUHB? AIUHB? 0249? 0322?
type of ddr ram? (PC2700? 3200? 2100?
how high didyou set the FSB to?

PC2100 on average do low 150s FSB.
You didn't list cooling or power supply.

Retail Palomino cooling is not meant for overclocking and cheap generic power supply will prevent you from doing major overclocking.

PC2100 at 180 FSB in sync?? It happens, but that's a one in a million mislabeled PC2700, Andre.

Ok, XP2100+ Pal, dunno much other than that
2 Crucial PC 2100 DDR 256mb
Volcano 7 heatsink and fan, CPU temp was running around 60° C or so, case at 30° C. Voltage at 1.85
I didn't get my FSB pass 138, any higher PC won't post, now that I restored it to default, running at 44° C CPU, case stay about the same. but PC still doesn't seem running more stable, gonna do another Prime95 test soon.

Back