• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help for overclocking issue w/ win98

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SCHMOGIE

Registered
Can anyone help me on how to stabilized my overclocked 8rda+ rev2.1? Ive already did some modifications. Removed the passive heatsink of N/B and changed with vantec vga cooler. One thing ive noticed with the chipset of my N/B. Its not the one that ive saw in the forum. Its just plain plastic ceramic without aluminum or steel inserted. So i didnt lapped it anymore coz its flat surface. Then the next think ive did is ive put AS3 on the surface and then put the heatsink with fan. Then the next thing, ive put heatsink too on the mosfets. So, ive tried now to overclocked it. Here are the lists 200x11.0 7-3-3-2.5 Vdd 1.8v. After ive saved the bios it rebooted successfully, but when it runs the win98, ive always got the mesg. NTOSkernel problem then it prompts to reboot. After rebooting same old mesg. Whats the problem with my setup? Why cant reached over 200? Hope you can help me with this thing... Thanks a lot:confused:

I didnt tested it yet with prime95, but at least ive tried yesterday my new settings 11x195 7-3-3-2.5 @ 2.63v 1.8v and it worked for me. Ive tried to run many applications for several hours without getting reset or automatically rebooted. But one thing ive noticed though, it started to malfunction 1 time, it hanged when ive run 3 apps at the same time. Got run the musicmatch for mp3 then opened the freecell, opened the soundstorm menu and the last thing ive opened the M/B monitoring. When ive tried to closed the apps for soundstorm then it suddenly hanged. So what ive done is that ive opened the task manager to closed the soundstorm apps which it says there not responding after that it hanged already. What would be the problenm with my settings? do i need to speed up again?

Back