• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finding THe Problem (xperts read)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenji WIng

Registered
I oced my 2800 recently like i posted here and now its very unstabble in default clock speed it crashs all my games etc and shuts down

Im not sure if i killed my processor or my ram if any of u have any ideas i am here to listen (im also gonna tryn to rma my processor to newegg) hopefullt it will pass there inspection

Are you sure that you have all your settings back to their defaults? Try clearing the CMOS. You may have missed something that is causing you issues.

i cleared the cmos the default is 100 fsb then (so i put it on 133x2 the 333 actual fsb of the processor) the ram is set on auto or by speed it ****s up both times

shouldn't it be 166 at stock?

EDIT: pull the chip out and take a good look at the core, see if there are any cracks or chips or deep burn marks

well heres the deal i took out my ram and put my new ram in

pc 2100 a major step down (damn this **** is OLD) and it seems to be stable meanin it was the ram i think ill let it run for a few more hours thru games etc

THe ram ddr-400 pc3200 when i clicked speed ran 200 is it susposed to be 160? Because when i ran it on 160 it still crashed -_- i dont know this is all to weird to me

Stable overclock is the one that can for starters pass something like 12 hour Prime95 Torture Test. Be sure to do a stability test before declaring an overclock successful.

This is a dual 166 FSB default Barton? Try default [166] x 12.5 with default voltage and RAM settings. Are you using retail cooling or a cheap power supply?

(BTW your sig says 18.0 vcore, I assume that's 1.8 vcore.)

so if it was the ram, did you give the ram too much voltage whe overclocking it? usually with ddr, unless you have really really good cooling for the ram, you shouldnt go over 3.0 VDIMM. Did you check the little gold contact things at the bottem and the ram? sometimes those can get dirty.

stock ram speed is 166, make sure the multiplier isnt really high, what could be hapenning is when you reset the CMOS, it goes to 100 x some higher multiplier and then when you put it back to 166 or 200, the multiplier is still high, causing the CPU to crash, to definatly make sure it is the ram, set the cpu multiplier down waaay low like 6 or so, then the cpu should not be affected and if it still dosent work, its probably your ram.

Good Luck!
-f1

EDIT: :clap: for c627627's mad typing speed :D

well i set my ram bak in (the vcore etc was when it was overfclocked that is gonna be taekn off heh) It is rtunning default
166x12.5 with defauly vcore i never messed with the ram the bios now has it on AUTO which i hope is 160 if i crash i will se ti to 160 myself im gonna test it now

Back