• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want to see some memory benchmarks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{PMS}fishy

Can some one either show me some memory bench marks of single vs dual channel, leaving all other settings identical, or point me some where to find them.

Specifically of the NF7 and A7N8X

Thanks for the info. So it seems as the FSB increase the benifts of Dual DDR decrease, if I am reading the charts right. Also from what I read it is increasingly more difficult to run high FSB speeds with dual channell.

So I ask everyone, is it worth it?

{PMS}fishy said:
So I ask everyone, is it worth it?

Depends on your value system.

What is a 3% performance boost at 230ish worth to you? Providing the approxrimate number for the increased performance with and w/o DC is easy compared to saying is it worth it to you. Besides just because it is worth it to you doesn't make it worthwhile to someone else.

Lets ask another question. This question is of value only if you're going to run 512M or more memory (mainly 1G). Why not buy two sticks and run DC as a side benefit? From that perspective I would argue DC is free, i.e. unless you fall for the marketing ploy of a "dual pack". :cool:

Back