• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

msi board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IrelandMadMan

How r yas?
I have an old msi k7n2 pro 2 u, or somethin like that !
I got it ages ago and i dont have the cd that came with it. Im gonna be fittin it to a computer for a friend , so should i be able to download somethin on the net to make it work? if so what do i need ? drivers only ? and should i just stick them onto a cd?

sorry i forgot to ask! I will be putting windows xp pro on it for him , and also im fittin an old sound card and gfx card , so would i need drivers for them 2?

You need the chipset drivers and IDE drivers. These usually come in an installer package on a CD, but they are also downloadable over the internet. I can't find that name on their site, what does it say between the PCI slots on the motherboard?

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driver/dvr/spt_dvr_detail.php?UID=386

^ drivers for that board

Hmm I don't know if you can overclock very well with KT266 boards, but you might as well get an AMD Athlon XP1700 or XP1800 - around £50 and overclock very well. You can't go much past 133FSB though so the max you would be able to get is 12.5x133 without doing mods to the actual CPU. This is an XP2000 speed though.

EDIT if you want you can buy up to XP2600 processors to put in that board as long as they are 266FSB ones.

Back