• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 8K3A troubles...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

demon-eater

Okay Im not sure where to begin.

does not matter what V the memory is at nor the multiplier for the chip (could be running 800mhz @1.9v for all that matters) and I cannot run stably over 166mhz, I can however run all day long at 165mhz with 2.7v (never tried lower, just so it not something I have to troubleshoot) I have tried all the way up to 3.2v on the ram and it won't run stable..

This is definately a mobo issue I think, I am running the 8k3a3414 bios (just flashed today in hopes of curing but no go.)

any input would be nice.

My 5v, 12v lines are okay both at there said voltages, I have 2 sticks of 256 DDR one stick is PC3000 that was tested at 3200 and the other is 2700 (not sure) but it is samsung chips.

I also had this board RMA'd before (some strip of stuff burned itself out) and since i got it back i cannot run over 166mhz on the FSB. I used to run 183mhz (my vid card craps out at 192mhz and 183 was the stabelest)

Setup in my sig.

It could be that with only the 1/5 divider that your comp is crapping out at that FSB, some have run higher and some lower.

I could run mine at a higher FSB but I run Folding 24/7 and it will corupt the WU's.

I am using the 8k3a2312.bin BIOS.

Good luck.

Back