• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

222 1:1but only 210 5/4 RMA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wyno

Ok I dont know much about Memory so here is a Question. I got 2 sticks of Kingston HyperX pc3500. At 1:1 ratio I can get 222fsb but at 5:4 it will only do 210 fsb. Even with more relaxed timings it wont go any higher. Is it ok to RMA it or wrong because it will go to 222 at 1:1 . I would like to get higher of course but dont know if I will gain anything by getting another stick or 2.

*Edit*
Just wanted to add I am running a Abit IC7.

Last edited:
I have similar results with my OCZ PC3500. Does your HyperX do its rated timings at 217mhz (ddr434)? Mine doesn't and I have decided to try and RMA. If OCZ's customer service is as good as I have heard, I'm sure they can hook me up with the right memory for my board. If you do RMA, please post back here and we can compare notes on customer service.

Cheers

Well I just did some more playing and I can get it to 228 stable at 1:1. I am running prime now with the 5/4 at 3156 to see what happens. I am going to see if tomorrow I can bump it up a notch or two.

Back