• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X-DX rev104 OC major difficulties

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Smirabi

Ok, i asked this somewhere else, but i figured this was a better area for my problem.

I'm trying to OC my 2500Barton up to 200*11 but whenever i change the settings past 166*11 i get message that sys failed due to CPU overclocking. is there some secret thing i need to change to let me bump up the FSB to where it is supposed to be? any ideas? i'm not as n00b as this thread implies, i'm just having strange difficulties here.

thanks folks.

btw, bios rev is 1017, SMBIOS/DMI version is 2.2

1017? never heard of it...mebe a typo? did u mean 1007? [Here is where you stop; check your board model name; and bios revision] for a rev 1.04 A7N8X Deluxe the best bios i would recommend is 1004 or 1004-über bios. I havent heard anything on the new bios, but if i remember correctly, a number of people prefered 1004. Anyways, on the first bios page, where it says "Halt On:" say "No Errors." That 'should' fix that...you can also try going to the advanced thinger and ebable "quick boot." I know how it felt to get all those d@mned error messages, one - System Failed Memory test - still tickss me off to this day (though i havent checked to see if i have 'quick boot' enabled or not...heh...)

thanks, i'll try that. i had thought about flashing and putitng in new bios, but i'm pretty new to this level of complexity so it's a little scary still.

i checked up on it and SiSandra says my bios version is the following: 1017 Beta 005 T9
also gives a plug and play version as 1.00
also, futuremark's diagnostic reports the same rev. id

well, changing the halt setting made a world of difference, it let me boot up at 2.3Ghz, while not the highest i've done it did seem like an aweful lot after it only let boot up at 1.4Ghz earler today. damn, this i think is what i get for buying a new model mb right after it comes out.

with the ASUSUPDATE you can download any version of your Bios install it from windows the reboot and go into the BIOS and set up the newly install BIOS.

hmm, that warrants a "holy crap" in true strongbad style. thanks for the info, i'm gonna try that out. by the way, nice rig, it's almost identical to mine... think about putting a vantec aeroflow on the 2500, not only does it look awesome, it should keep it cooler than what you got now. mine keeps me under 44C full load, even when the house is warmer than i like.

Back