• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton 2500+ AQXEA 0332TPMW - 2.2Ghz only?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pacino

The devil’s advocate
Barton 2500+ AQXEA 0332TPMW - 2.3Ghz only?

Hey guys,
Ok, she's doing that on default *everything* voltage wise and on retail HSF... now, just got my Mach II setup, she's not even posting @ anything beyond that 'same results as if on air' .. Anyone with that stepping got higher speeds? .. I was hoping 2.8+ .. eeeeeeek! .. specs are:
. NF7-S rev 2.0
. GEIL PC3500 DCDDR kit / CorsAir PC3200 DCDDR kit <-- tried both no luck.
. Antec 550 PSU

Comments are highly appreciated :)

NOTE: Could not edit the topic, it's 2.3Ghz not 2.2 ..

How do you know it won't post at any volt settings if you have not actually tried them? You NEED to increase voltage to get a good oc, its that simple.

I _DID_ try higher voltage dude :) .. nothing new .. no post .. tried almost everything, that's why I'm hoping some peeps with almost the same setup can help..

215fsb is kinda my limit, tried the following:
. 2 x 256 PC3200 Corsair CL2 DCDDR
. 2 x 512 PC3500 GEIL CL2 Plat DCDDR
. 1 x 512 PC3200 CorsAir CL2 Plat in single channel mode.

All gave me same results same fsb same problem lol .. I think I'm going to keep her @ 215 FSB and start to raise the multi and see...

Ahh so far you have only been fsb ocing? 215 is on the low end of the limit that most people see on the NF7-S but there are tricks to getting some more speed out of it ;) You definatly will need to increase mult to get up into the speed range of your goal though.

does it just not post at all any time you change vcore option from default? my msi nf2 wont post with any option but default even if i manually pick the 1.65 default value. i had to drop wires in the socket to change my default value and leave it set to default. btw this was tested with 2 msi k7n2 deltas with a 2100, 2500, and 1700, i wasnt allowed to change the vcore on any of them

@Deathknight: Yes, kinda wanted to see how far I can go with multi set to 11x, then starting to raise from there .. this is my way of OCing hehehe..

@Supertrucker: post, no post, post with peeps (mem errors) then no post again .. I can change the vcore to pretty much anything I want, but NO freaking post is what drives me crazy!

did that already 'sorry for not pointing it out earlier' .. I'm going to play with her for a couple of hours, and will post again if any new updates... thank you guys :)

pacino said:
@Deathknight: Yes, kinda wanted to see how far I can go with multi set to 11x, then starting to raise from there .. this is my way of OCing hehehe..

Perfectly valid :D actually I think the proper way to oc is to lower mult and find the limits of your fsb first then continue. Now the fact that you have such good cooling pretty much negates the need to lower mult I think ;) Anyways your inital question just misled me a little since I had assumed that you already found your fsb wall and just couldn't get the chip to handle any more speed. Sounds like its a memory/motherboard issue stopping you at this point.

How much voltage you giving your ram? What is your VDD voltage? Do you have cpu interface enabled or disabled? Have you tried to loosen your memory timings?

not sure if its the cpu, if there is no post.... i would guess that instability and lock up during booting would point to cpu, but not the posting errors (or lack thereof)

how about a bios update?

UPDATE:

Ok, I don't know if 'Barton' CPUs are meant to NOT reach this high, or it could be my stepping that sux...

. Fully stable @ 2.6Ghz (12.5 x 210) @ 2v
. Loads windows, run everything but no benchies @ 2.8Ghz (14 x 200)

Oh well, I guess I'll keep it @ 2.6Ghz 'till I find a magical chip lol

Back