• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ EL PC3500 Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unwrittenLaw

I got some Ocz EL dual channel pc3500 2x256 that's supposed to be rated at CAS 2, but in the bios of my IC7-G, it shows 2.5.....Whats going on here, is the mem bad?

Manually change timings and see what happens. I would not worry too much about how the BIOS reads it as long as it works ok.

You can manually change the timings from within the BIOS. The BIOS has preset timings that are applied to the memory when you choose AUTO or Turbo, etc. settings.

Ok...well it seems to not be running so well. It won't even post at relaxed timings above 230 FSB. My older Mushkin gives me much more room to overclock than this stuff does. I just RMA'd some crap Geil Golden Dragon, I really hope I don't have to RMA this as well I really hate to RMA stuff..do I need to maybe update the BIOS or something....?

Have you tried e-mailing our support team at [email protected]

We have a knowledgeable support staff who will attend to your problem quickly. Perhaps there is a simple configuration issue that needs to be worked out.

No, not yet...just got the memory today. Still testing it out, but so far its falling short. Thanks for the replies though...

Feel fry to IM me @ OCZSean if you have any problems with contacting support, or have any questions, etc.

-Sean

True customer support is about supporting your customers without them having to track you down.

:)

Still not stable at 250fsb with all the bios settings right, and relaxed timings....This doesn't seem like 'enhanced latency' pc3500..its performing the same as my Mushkin pc3200 cas2.5...

You're mad because it won't do 250 FSB? That's DDR500 if you're running 1:1. Dude, that RAM is only rated at DDR433... although I have a pair of that exact same stuff that will do DDR440 with aggressive timings. How you tried bumping up the voltage a little?

Back