• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oem Whats Wrong

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bassbeatz

i have a 1.6 duron recieved today.
i ordered an oem model as they were cheap {£30}new.

I have used the pencil formula on L1 bridge with all gates closed.
on reading the painting guide it said close some on L7 with other L bridges.

But this chip has no L7.
The core has no serial numbers or duron marks,just a matt shine,on the edge of the chip it has a black label with duron on it and serial numbers.
the v core is set at 1.55 and i cant get this to budge and is stopping me over clocking over 1644 mhz.{back at default at the moment 12x133x33}

if i reduce the multiplyer i can then only hit the 1550 mhz range.

Is this oem a real lemon cpu,or have i not bridged a L connection right,i have L bridges upto 11 or 12,but like i said no 7,and why is the vcore not moving above 1.55,and is this stopping the cpu o/cing....my old 800 duron pushed 922 mhz but did run for a while at 1 ghz but system crashed on game play.....help guys i think iv overclocked me ed

Gnufsh said:
The 1.6 is a new applebred duron (based on tbred, but with some cache disabled). Penciling the L1s probably didn't make any difference. TBreds are already unlocked, and they use the OPGA packaging that has the pits you need to fill for cut bridges.

something i noticed when pencil was being applied all Ls are cut no joins any where?

Gnufsh,thanx for that link,im still knackered on what chip this is,on this board i can only go to 12.5x.
settings at the moment are 12/133/33 with the v core at 1.55,any suggestions appriciated,or is it time to rest this board and up grade.

This part of the AMD FAQ sticky in the AMD CPUs section should help with your multiplier problem.
The following are some generalizations concerning the multipliers of thoroughbred processors, please visit Captain Hilt's thread for specific discussion/support.

All XP2000+ and lower rated tbred cpus will be unlocked from the factory, allowing multipliers 5-12.5 to be adjusted in the bios of ANY MOTHERBOARD that support the processor and have multiplier selection.

All XP2100+ and higher processors will be unlocked from the factory for multipliers 13-18.5 on ALL MOTHERBOARDS that support these processors. In order to adjust the 5-12.5 multipliers on the XP2100+ and higher processors you need to join the 5th/right-most L3 bridge. See this thread for explanation.*

More information on the different bridge configurations, including which L11 bridges to cross to change your default vcore and L3 multiplier settings, are available here.

ok guys this chip is revealed using cpuinfo that it is now an ATHLON XP 1900,i am still not getting above 1,6 and the v core at 1.55?

Gnufsh said:
Why don't you push the FSB some? If the Ls bridges are cut, there will be pits, are you sure that they're all cut? What about the L2 bridges?

double sure,thats what caught my eye,no chopping up of the chip.

what i have done is joined L1 x4 and some in 2/4/5 ref the diagram in the sticky in this section on amd.
but as has been pointed out i should disregard this setting,12.5 does not boot,but the frequency stops boot up if i move above the 12x/133/33.

i'm not sure if i read this right, but if you're only using a pencil to connect bridges then thats your problem. Only much older chips were responsive to pencil mods. I would suggest re-doing the bridge mod with conductive paint.

a lot more involved in this chip than the old durons,so even though the bridges look uncut,they are joined underneath the cpu plate.
noway can i cut at this level and paint silver,not that good at small solder

Gnufsh,sorry i meant it to read cut any of the other bridges with the dremmel or equivelent,and paint it with silver fogger.i have not got the ability to work on somthing this small,sorry but pencil is far as i dare go on the other bridges.

do i need to cut this chip to get improvements

well thank you Gnufsh for all your info.
This is what i have done over the last five hours.

i have been waiting for a cpu,heat sink,fan & ram for a system build i am doing for a friend.

so i have built the tower put in the new asus a7v8x-x,gainward geforce 4 mx 440 powerpak 64 mb ddr,512 ddr ram(mine)20 gig samsung(mine)1x sony dvd cd-r burner,1x sony cd/dvd+floppy.

i installed xp home on a clean ntfs format,chucked that duron xp 1.6 in and had it boot at 1.2ghz to get things going,oh by the way i rubbed off the pencil on all that i had done.

xp on,drivers on,defrag,restart full boot,restart,into bios,cranked the v core to 1.7,hit the cpu frequency to 2 gig and hay presto,full boot .,i will do a bench later today,if you want the info pm me.

suggestions on software to use would be helpful.

i think its time to chuck my board and buy this model,this chip is awsome to overclock and at £30 i would say anyone who has read this go on and buy one,i reckon a top o/cer could crank this well into the 2 ghz range.

anyway let me no what ye awl thinks.................

choo choo:D

Back