• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

should i get an a7n8x?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dalilman52

ok, first my question is if i should get it or not, next i wanted to know what the diff is between the deluxe and regular model, and also if i should get it cuz my mobo (in sig) stopped working for some reason...and now i want to get a new one but i dont know if installing a new one would require a complete reformat (im totally sick of doing it) also, is the integrated audio on the deluxe THAT much better than on the regular one?? on my mobo im using, it cant even play more than one audio application at one time and the user interface for it is like trying to figure out an alien language
________
Washington medical marijuana dispensaries

Last edited:
the difference between the dlx and the normal one is the sound firewire and a 2nd NIC.. and if you were using XP/2000 you most likley wouldnt have to.. but since it says 98 in your sig you might have problems and a clean format would be the best solution..

the sound on the dlx is much better and comparable to an audigy..

I would recommend the Abit NF7-S(or the NF7 if you don't want the -S version) hands down over the A7N8X. Own em both and I adore the Abit.

As for the onboard sound yeah the soundstorm is nice. If you don't have real demanding taste though then it may not be worth the extra cash.

EDIT: Oh yeah I forgot to comment on the reformating issue. I preach this as much as possible: ALWAYS reformat when installing a new motherboard. You can get away with it, but every quirky thing that happens to your machine you are going to wonder if it was because you did not. Better to start with a fresh install and know for sure there are no issues.

hmm another question is if the sound on either board (the dlx and non dlx) are good or not, and if they can play more than one audio application at once, and if the non dlx one is good
________
JAILBROKEN

Last edited:
well, i cant speak about the non dlx, but my i think the sound on mine is pretty good, but i dont have a huge basis for comparison. also, yes the dlx can run multiple audio applications at once... althought i've rarely used more than 2 or 3 at once. i hope this helps.

can the non dlx play more than one audio application??? thats all i really want to know now plus if the quality is good or not and if the diff is that big (as in be more specific on WHY its that much better)
________
Blowjob vids

Last edited:
the DLX has multiple channels so you can play more than 1 audio application..

USAPGAPRO said:
Please get an NF7-S 2.0

the A7N8X is a fine board..

I have not had any issues with it.. my NF7S is a fine board too.. they're both behaving nicely.. however i put myA7N8X in my windows Lian Li PC65B because it has a much bettter mobo layout and allows me to show a clean case wihtout much clutter

I perosnally hate the mobo connecter location on the NF7 =|

cherryp00t said:
however i put myA7N8X in my windows Lian Li PC65B because it has a much bettter mobo layout and allows me to show a clean case wihtout much clutter

I perosnally hate the mobo connecter location on the NF7 =|

Agreed. A7N8X has the best layout of any of the boards I have owned. However that was its only redeeming quality in my eyes. Alot of the "features" that set it apart from other boards I never ended up using in its life in my system (firewire, 2nd nic). All boards have their quirks I suppose but the a7n8x seems to have a mind of its own altogether.

Now if only Abit called up Asus for some tips on board layout you would have the ultimate motherboard ;)

ok, noone has answered if the non-dlx can play multi-channels or not, and wats the nf-7?? this is the ASUS board forum, tell me wat it is
________
V7

Last edited:
Heh well the title of the thread is 'should I get an a7n8x?'. Do you only want yes answers or is it ok for some people to say no get something else? :D

i have a non dlx rev 2.0 sound ids fine after all your not a music techer to hear sounds we can't so it is awesome i had no prblm w it

Please get an NF7-S 2.0
I would stay away from the Abit, very picky and dies very easy. I know from experience. RMA to Abit can be a rude awakening. I was talking to the guy who owns pyrinex.com and he told me that he is getting a 30% :eek: :eek: RMA rate with Abit nf7-s, so he stopped selling them. Stay with Asus!!! I am switching too

if you want one of the pickiest nforce2 boards get the nf7... don't know much about asus though, but most places that review put the asus above the nf7. you're just getting abit fanboys in the asus forum right now. you look around, maximum pc and countless other sites etc hold the a7n8x in higher regard than the abit.

i may be switching soon myself. been using a msi delta and has been much easier to deal with. but i may go to asus real soon for my main rig.

the sound quality of the soundforce chip has SURPASSED my audigy experience...the application was bit harder to get use to moving from what Audigy 1 and 2 offer the montego bay was blown away by this sound chip..frame rate ha sufferd hardly nothing..and i have tried all 3 cards on this board...I am picky about my audio...very freakin picky..audigy drivers leave you with something to be desired...popping and cracking just wasn't acceptable to me...this soundchip has never produced any wierd sounds like the audigy cards have...now the features of this souncard are limited in the sense I can't install a Bay drive with..atleast I don't think it does...don't need one.

on a side note plug layout is a bit wierd moving from audigy to the onboard, but the manual cleard that up real quick

love this board (delux rev 2.0) can speak any more highly about it layout is sweet and the onboard dual NICs are nice..the Nforce nic and a 3com nic com on man that rocks!

dalilman52: right now at newegg they have some a7n8x's refurb, 2 for $55, and a dlx for $69.

yes it can play multiple things at once. Great for gaming while using windows media player :) Also, it sounds great. Im talking about non deluxe to avoid confusion.

well as u can all see...i have already got my a7n8x dlx (w00t w00t) and this first post was like a month ago, which is kinda long i dunno why someone went back this far to find this old post
________
Vaporgenie

Last edited:
Back