• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking oddities

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trinitykt133

Registered
i have been lucky enough to experience the joys of overclocking my nf7-s i've taken it up to 200fsb with my xp-2100. but right now i'm running 333.
i noticed if i run the fsb up the farther away from stock i get the better it benchmarks but i get wierd video performance such as studdering and slightly lower framerates. (it seems to studder whenever the hard drive reads o_O) windows in general seems to perform slighly slower too. does anyone else have this problem?
this is my first post. (emericanchaos talked me into joining before he went back to college this weekend) so be nice :p
oh and btw the cpu is running 42c so i know its not temperature
feel free to ask anything:)

Yeah i have the same problem. At 166fsb its fine. When i try 190fsb games seem to be choppy and i have a lot of hard drive activity. And my system is 100% stable at 190fsb i tested it with prime for hours. For some reason i think this might have to do with ram timing. Not to sure about that.

i don't have any such problems other then open ended games refreshing maps like morrowind ES3 and BF1942.

if it's only during games check to make sure your messaging clients like AIM are shutdown. if you get a message during play it will mess you up. also check to make sure you have the latest drivers from NVIDIA. i have i beleive the 2.7's and i don't realize any terrible issues.

yes there has been strange experiences on my end also... except you all i assume have rev2.0's...

i have an 1800 and when i set it to 333 windows has issues and wont work. i will reboot and lock upand tell me to boot from cd and repair:) sometimes the video wont even com up no beep code no nothing weird but it works fine with 266 fsb

trinitykt133 said:

yes my board is a revision 2.0 but i was wandering what specificaly did you notice as "issues"

probably more to do with my ram than the board itself, but it refused certain bus speeds, like 166 for example... and you can see in my sig i am well over that.

Back