• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Overclocking my XP2500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

extremecorvette

Disabled
I'm new to this forum and was wondering what is the best way to overclock my system. I have;

NF7-S 2.0
XP2500
FX5200
Micron DDR 400 CL 2.5 2x256MB
ATA150 80G

They system is running at 2.21Ghz right now with the front bus on 200 and x11.

What other things can I change? Would the L12 mod work for me and what do I have to do step by step.

hey welcome to the forums.

sounds like you're on the right track. push the memory until it screams. once that happens raise the memory voltage up some. then make her scream again. then pull your timings down as a last resort. make her scream and back off a couple Mhz and you should be good.

if you want to max out your mem bandwidth then drop to a 10 multi and go straight to 220 FSB. that will give you the same clock and more memory bandwidth.

oh yeah, when i say make her scream. usually it will freeze or blue screen. that means you need more voltage you have to much heat or you just can't run that high stable.

I've rasied the FBS to 200 and it doesn't run any hight, do I have to up the Core V to raise the FBS higher? What is the highest people have been getting it with my set up?

I'm running 211x10.5 with timing 2-2-2-11. My SB is pretty freakin hot though and I have a feeling my NB HS is not touching the NB very tell...

should do more then 200. try changing the multiplier to 10. then raise the memory to 220. if it blue screens or freezes then try increasing CPU voltage in .25 increments. i wouldn't give it more then like 1.875 -1.9 and only if you have good cooling.

It will go FBS 220 multiplier 8.5 and then I get the blue screen, I have the corv up to 1.9v, what do I do to get 220 x 10?

Back