• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a7n8x deluxe and 2500+ barton?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

325cic

I wonder what the highest overclock u guys got with the a7n8x deluxe r2.0 and 2500+ barton cpu. I don't care u got have the water cool or not. just post what the max u can get it out it :) Thanks

well, tonight i did some modest pushing and got it to run at 2.26Ghz... but i'm a bit more new to this, and it wouldnt run very stable at that speed (but it is fine at 2.165Ghz), but i'm sure it can go faster if you know more than i do. i havent messed with the voltage, so i suspect my results will pan out near the bottom of what gets posted here.

i look forward to reading about what this MB/Chip combo can do.

also, my temps stay at less than 43C even under full load (vantec aeroflow does a great job and looks damn good doing it).

woow... 33 view and only one reply... damn Thank you for the one who reply. ;)

Overclocking my Barton XP2500 with A7N8X Rev 2.0. 1005 Bios with Win XP Pro SP1. See my rig below for other component configuration. I also have retail HSF.

3DMark03

166 x 11, Optimal settings, default voltage settings. Memory settings "SPD" 8-3-3-3T. Ram in slots 1 and 2. Benchmark score is 3231.

166 x 11, same as over except memory set to "Auto." Ram in Slots 1 and 3. Benchmark score is 3237.

3DMark2001SE Build 330

Settings same as above for slots 1 and 2. Memory is set to "Agressive" and 100% sync. Score is 11065

Same as above for slots 1 and 3. Score is 11244

Stable Overclocking Results W/ 3DMark2001SE Build 330

197 x 11 (Barton XP3200). CPU Vcore 1.725. Ram and Video default voltage. Memory set to "aggressive" 100 % sync, 8-3-3-3T. Score is 11695.

Conclusion: I feel the marginal amount of performance gain does not justify overclocking. My CPU temps with Asus probe (which is 3-4 C higher than BIOS) was reading 42-44 with default setings, but was 53-56 C with overclock settings.

The Barton CPU XP2500 will provide better performance than a 266 FSB CPU because of the 333 FSB. The cost is less than $100. Why spend $400 for Barton XP 3200 to get minimal results?

good points!!! amd 3200+ is a waste of money to upgrade. If I have extra money to spend. I rather get the intel 3.2G and intel dual channel memory board. my friend got the same setup I do but the different is the board and cpu. compare between his system with me.. it kick my *** in 2 block.. hahahahah. AMD will never outrun Intel chip for sure. :( but they still jack up the price damn it....:mad:

325cic said:
AMD will never outrun Intel chip for sure. :( but they still jack up the price damn it....:mad:

Heh AMD is known for its cheap prices. It was only a couple of short years ago that AMD was on top of Intel as well. Anyways the Athlon 64 is out now and it is performing fantasticly. It may be expensive but that will certainly drop in price. The best performing machines out there right now are extreme cooled AMD A64 machines :D

Sniper.nkc said:
By the time the prices go down....I can buy me one and just change over components....in about 3 years

prices will be down way before 3 years.. give it a year and lower end cpus can be had in the 100s prob less than a 2.4C now =d

Back