• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600+ bartons Any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dissolved

I got a Crapy 2500+, so im curious how the 2600+'s have been?

I Cant any User Info on them, just a review at some website..
Everyone gone to intel i guess? :(

The Barton 2600+ is a awesome CPU. Why you ask?

Well, the first 2600s batches of Bartons to come out all start with the AQZEA steppings with only about 50% being AQXEA. That means when you see the 2600+ BARTON on a website, chances are, its nothing but the latest stepping :D

Sure the 2600+ costs a few dollers more than the 2500+ but if you got bad steppings at all the stores near you, check out the 2600+ Bartons, you'll be surprised.

There is already many places offering these cpu's in canada. I'm not too sure about the US thou.

I'm lucky enough to buy from Dangeo so I have no need for the Barton 2600+, since Dangeo has 2500+ AQZEA processors in stock.

OC-Master

2600.GIF

Same power output as a 2500+. Go for it! Expecialy if your very likely to get a new stepping.

EDIT: Whoa! If these are brand new, then why is the picture at newegg an AQXCA, a rather old stepping?

havnt seen too many ppl with 2600+
so ill wait till more ppl get em to really jump to any conclusions =d plus its a 9 buck difference thats 10% price diff from 2500+

Guys, I bought the Barton XP2600+ the first day NG has them, It's an AQXCA, week 8 just like the one pictured. It can do 2.37GHz @ 1.85V. It can do 2.4GHz+ with 2.0V-2.1V using SLK-900A and 68cfm Delta. If you want a better chance at 2.5GHz air cool, take a gamble at XP2500+ with newer stepping.

NOWIS said:
Guys, I bought the Barton XP2600+ the first day NG has them, It's an AQXCA, week 8 just like the one pictured. It can do 2.37GHz @ 1.85V. It can do 2.4GHz+ with 2.0V-2.1V using SLK-900A and 68cfm Delta. If you want a better chance at 2.5GHz air cool, take a gamble at XP2500+ with newer stepping.

Thanks for the info.

Back