• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2400+ o/c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creepy

Im runin a 2400+ with a soyo kt333 dragon ultra platnium. I have it clocked at 2255mhz right now with 140x16....I was wondering if this could be considered a "decent" o/c for this cpu. I am runnin w/c and get temps of around 120ºF. Also for some reason the cpu just doesnt wanna be my friend when I try clocking it at about 2.3ghz so I was wondering if it was capped or something at 2.3. As for memory im runnin 2x256 mb of all components pc2100.

what voltages were all of that at?

my 2400+ does 2200Mhz with 1.65v, and 2300Mhz with 1.75v, as a reference. I think mine's about average for 2400+.

Oh yeah, my cooling is the stock AMD heatsink with the copper slug in the bottom, but using a Smartfan 2 at 3500rpm, which is a lot more air than the stock fan.

mem is 2.8.....cpu is 1.85 (max i can hit with this bios)

It MIGHT be my nb cooling holding me back perhaps. Im just running the factory cheap hs with a 40mm fan on it. Tonight I plan to order a crystal orb though.

powmax 500w...keep in mind i didnt know it was kinda junky at the time that i bought it

ummm... don't know the brand, but 500w should be sufficient.

how are your voltages, especially the + ones. do they fluctuate a lot or are they pretty stable?

If I am correct they are pretty stable. Ill check again later and let you know. Id do it now but im ordering some stuff and dont feel like havin to add it all back in the cart.

I don't mean in the bios... is there a motherboard monitoring utility that came with your motherboard CD?

probably winbond hardware doctor.

that way you can check your voltages and temps while in windows.

Yea i have one but somethings up with it. For 1 it sucks and for 2 when i open it up my computer just totally locks up mouse doesnt move or anything.

Ahh... I see. Hmmm... that's not normal. maybe your lack of overclocking success is related.

maybe some other members might have some input on that.

Im thinkin I just need to reinstall it. I did some file moving around etc etc and then after that it had screwed up so thats prolly what it is.

I reinstalled that program and got it to work heres the results.

Vcore=Constant 1.84

+3.3=3.31 itll bounce up to 3.32 once in a while

+5=4.86

+12= 11.83 most of the time but bounces to 11.9 once in awhile.

as for temps im gettin 54ºC cpu and 31ºC chipset

alright...maybe ill look into a new psu then...afterall this one is kinda loaded down for a generic one

before you do that, if you can find someone with a compatible system, it might be worthwhile to try your CPU in his/her computer just to see if it's the CPU that does not want to overclock, or if it is some other component's fault.

Back