• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU or bios problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nanidin

I never thought it would happen to me but suspect bios death. I have 2 cpus that were working yesterday and all of today until I decided to change my OC settings. I was running 200 * 12 . I changed that to 205 * 12.5 and it didn't boot, which was normal. I turned off the power then unplugged. Waited a few minutes then replugged and turned on. Got some error about memory not passing the test. I turned off and reseated the ram then turned it back on. I got nothing. So I tried resetting CMOS etc and still, nothing. I took out the CPU and got the "no cpu detected" message, so I figured I hurt the CPU some how. I put in my old duron 1ghz and got the same results as I did with the previous processor (no video output, no sounds). Is it possible that both CPU's mysteriously died? Or that the bios died?
Thanks
Ben

PS I was getting 44 Degrees load with the 1700.

switch out your ram it may have fried, post back after you have done so.

Do you get any beep codes or if you have an asus they have that funky voice error message thing?

Ok, so far I've swapped ram into it with no results. Swapped video card, no results. Swapped video ram and CPU into another mobo and voila, all components work. Leads me to believe it is some kind of motherboard failure. Any ideas?

My problem appears to be my motherboard. Attempting to RMA it to ASUS :( God this is going to suck. Halo will come out before I get it back :(

Take it easy. Let it cool down overnight. Unplug everything.
Then reset the CMOS, in the morning and make sure EVERYTHING is seated correctly, then fire it up and hope for the post.

Only have the video card, no other pci cards and one stick of ram in.

Back