• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Bios setting for A7N8X-Deluxe 2.0 with Barton2500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pat

I want to run my system @ 10 x 200. What mode is best to use to get the best performance from my system & will I have to increase any voltage? Items are listed below

I am on my third board. This one seems to be stable.

Thanks,

Pat:)

You should be ok at stock vcore, even up to 11 X 200, some are even getting 12 X at stock.

Is this your first A7N8X Deluxe? It's a great board, but the southbridge gets hot and sound may pop and skip if you use the on-board sound. A heatsink is a really good and easy thing to consider for it. Just a thought.

Also, how much memory? Are you using the dual-channel ability? The nForce2's dual memory controllers are nice in memory intensive applications.

I have two 256mb twins in bank one & two (Pair), bank three has one 512mb. This is suppose to get me dual channel They are all matched.

Do you set the bios to User Defined & 100 on the memory?

Pat

with the stock 1.85vcore. u can get 11 x 205 with pc 3200 ddr. but if u got better ddr like pc 3500 u can pull to 215. with vcore mod. u pull to 11 x 222 or 10.5 x 232 like myself.. ;) so mod the damn broad man!!!!!!!!!! :D

If I set my CPU Interface Bios to Aggressive or User Defined, my system will not boot. It states system memory failed & I have to remove the battery, move the jumper, then reboot into the bios setup screen. As long as i leave it in Optimal, it boots fine.

Pat

try to work from stock volt and set cpu at 11 x 166 . if it boot then u got up by 5 and try again till u won't boot. then up the volt by .05 then try again.. Also, try not to run your 2x 256 with the 512. sometime that will not match up rite. try dual channel on 2 x 256 first. then u will know what up with your board or your memory. I am sure your memory mis matched... go try an report back we help u more... :D

That's a good thought on the memory. What voltage are you talking about to increase- the memory or thr cpu?

usually u up the vcore voltage. but when u see the boot up keep reboot and reboot... then u have go up the memory voltage or even DDR(chipset) voltage..... remember 3 things will keep in mind for future overclocker ;) 1. vcore voltage for max out the speed of your cpu... 2. higher FSB need more DDR voltage. and 3 memory voltage need for better timing and stable. Now... u do your damn overclock...... :D

I would have to agree on it being the memory, but that's still very odd. Try what 325cic recommends, with upping the front side bus incrementally, and keep your eye on temperatures just so we know that that's not part of the equation. With the different sizes of memory, are you sure that both had the same timings? That may have also been a contributing factor. Try with the two sticks and let us know how it goes. If you still have trouble, try just one.

Back