• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

losing overclock! help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zippykid9

When i bought this computer brand new it ran at 2000mhz with stock voltage. now, it doesnt. i have to run the cpu at 1.6 (1.43 actual) volts to make it run ok. also, i used to be able to get to 2400mhz stable with 1.8v. (1.73 actual) now, i can get 2200 with 1.9v (1.83 actual) i think you're seeing a pattern. my mobo undervolts about .07v its no big deal. i just wanted to know if there was anything i could do about this to make my computer run like it used to in april (when i bought the computer) or if i should just go out and buy a new cpu instead. (if and when i do that i will wait till the latest steppings made of bartons and buy the best one when it costs 100 or less.)

im using an slk-800 with a tornado fan so my @load temps used to be under 50c all the time. just a few days ago i upped the speed and now it runs 51-54c @load. erm, i think it was 46-48c

hmm i dont know but ive heard in these forums when u push it to the max with high voltage sometimes the cpu will die with a long slow death sometimes they cant even run at stock at 1.7V when its meant to be 1.5V properly just dying on u :)

your temps seem kinda high for a slk-tornado.. your case gettin enough flow? no dust clogging up your heatsink/intakes?

That there may be a problem since case airflow is important.
At least one fan blowing air in front and one blowing the air out the back.
Otherwise you may be just recycling hot air.

Heatsink and CPU fan can only do so much, got to have that surrounding airflow circulation to avoid heat problems.

We discussed this the other day, even 30% overvolt is "only" reducing CPU lifespan from assumed 10 years to six. It's not to blame for these CPU deaths that happen within six months or a year.

Poor air circulation and resulting high temperatures is what does you in.
You can do high voltage provided you take care of air circulation.

Did your board used to undervolt by .07v? Possibly the power supply or motherboard's voltage regulators are dying. Check your other rails. Check the MOSFETs with a multimeter.

nah it always did that. the one thing that does annoy me is that the 12v rail usually runs only at about 11.5v (its always done that too)

Back