• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7 and nf7-s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryuen

im wondering for the audio i know that nf7 doesnt have soundstorm but is it still the good audio like nf7-s just it doesnt have the spdif so it didnt quality (this was same case with 8rda+)?

i dont need the spdif so ya i just want the good supposedly audigy quality sound.

also is spdif connection actually significantly better than analog? whats the diff?

thnx

the onboard sound on the NF7 isn't even equal to the SB Live!, the NF7-S on the other hand is (in my opinion as i've used both) better then the Audigy.

then does anyone know of a cheap mobo under 100 (i was gonna get 8rda+ but newegg doesnt have it for 83 sihpped anymore)

1.a nforce2 board (doesnt have to be if theres a better one)
2.with good sound like the soundstorm (close to audigy sound is wat i want). spdif is a yes or no
3. onboard video can be a yes or no,
4. sata no need
5. goes over 200mhz
6. oc features. a 1700 to 3200 around. voltages for cpu and NB probably needed. ram not needed since the type of ram im using doesnt do much better with high voltage (winbond ch-5)

thnx

Deathknight said:
I have seen the NF7-S under 100 in the past

I would be careful about that though howwever its only 113 at newegg... I sould just save up an extra 13 bucks, hell, you could even borrow it!

What is there to be careful about? I am generally careful about spending more money not less.

Zipzoomfly is the new name for Googlegear, so the vender shouldn't be a concern.

CrashOveride said:

I would be careful about that though howwever its only 113 at newegg... I sould just save up an extra 13 bucks, hell, you could even borrow it!

Well I am speaking only of reputable vendors such as the former googlegear now known as zipzoomfly. I wouldn't ever recommend buying from a place with a 6 or a 7 rating. Googlegear has a superb reseller rating though.

Deathknight said:

Well I am speaking only of reputable vendors such as the former googlegear now known as zipzoomfly. I wouldn't ever recommend buying from a place with a 6 or a 7 rating. Googlegear has a superb reseller rating though.

ah, ya I didn't know who you where talking about, but some places on pricewatch do suck (in case you HAD found it).

Back