• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8k3a+ 2500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cardboardbox

Registered
I Ordered a 2500+ , now i want to get the max out of this cpu i understand there is a way to get 13+ multis on this board by blowing l3 birdges but i dont want to void my warranty. I know there is a wire trick but does this wire trick open up all or atleast majority of the 13+ multi's i have seached searched searched some more now its time to post.
Has anyone been able to get 13+ multiplier options from within bios

I would do the wire trick to lock it at only 1 mutliplier but i watercool and taking the waterblock on and off all the time to change the multiplier is a risk to the cpu and a hassle

i know it works , i just need to know about 13+ multipliers did you even read my post?

I had 8K3A+ and barton 2500 quite sometime ago, I remember it worked perfect with no need to flash the bios or anything, but the multiplier was locked. no moving forward or backwards.
I believe that was from being a Kt-333 board.
neither the wire trick or blowing the 3rd and 5th L3 bridges helped me at all. it was just locked.
sad rally, cause at the time, that board was a damn fine board, and I saw no real reason to get the NF2's of the moment, as they weren't doing anything my 8K3A+ wasn't already doing.
in the end, I had to switch out the board for a Epox 8RDA.
then that 8K3A+ was limited to a unlocked Xp1800 (AGKGA stepping) that didn't like doing much more then about 1.74 ghz.
but it sure was a fun board.
I hit 224 on the FSB with it, which I wasn't able to do with NF2's for about 3-4 months later.
that board sure was a good one.
I called it "my little tank", cause it was just indestructable.
never screwed up my OS, if it booted once at 2 ghz it did so everytime.

just the barton didnt like it for some reason:(

hmm well i heard if you flash to newest bios you can use the mutliplier 12.5 and under freely

i got it and i can adjust multi's up to 12.5 dunno about the temp report tho it seems a tad high and my block is set correctly tho im going to check AGIAN

Back