• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT3 Ultra and Athlon XP 2500+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Korangar

Registered
Hey there,

I know this question has been asked before, but i can't seem to find the thread that talked about it...anyways, i have a kt3 ultra, and i was wondering how i could get it to use an athlon xp 2500+ barton. I remember someone saying that it wasn't officially reported, and that it was necessary to do something in the bios, but i don't remember...Thanks!

One of the threads where this was discussed is “Please, please help!” which is further down on this same page. However there was another one where someone discussed using an XP 2500 on a KT 3 board. As I remember he said to go in the Bios and slow down the RAM settings. i.e. disable SDRAM 1T command, set fast command at normal and slow SDRAM timings. I tried this on my KT3 Ultra (Version1) with an XP2400 trying to run it at 166fsb, but had no success. That's not to say it can't be done, just that I can't do it. If you have a KT3 Ultra 2 (MSI says it will run the 2500) you’d have better odds of success. Make sure you have the latest BIOS. Good luck with it.

Ahh...k, thanks for the advice...i'll have to search for that other thread. I'm getting the Athlon XP 2500+ tomorrow, so I hope it works...If it doesn't i'll have to try to pursuade my brother to trade mobos :p . Thanks again

KT3 Ultra PCI divider

between 152 and 162 on this mother board its pointless to try these bus settings because the pci's are wound tight , above 162 after gradually working your way up to 152 , skip the rest of the bus settings up to 162 then try going from there.everything i read said the motherboard will not go past 185 and the information was accurate.185 was the ceiling with my wire trick unlocked xp2200 , nothing was stable for me over 162 X12 = 1944 , but it was a fine runner

Back