• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Panaflo L1A w/ 1800+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ubermu

Registered
The Panaflo is quiet and all but does it supply enough cooling to O/C an 1800+? If not I'll opt for a Smart Fan II instead. This is going to be on an SK-7 mind you.

I have a panaflo L1A on a thermalright sk-7 cooling my xp1800+. When I keep the processor at 9.5*235 I have temps (after hours of folding) of 45degreese. Now with 1.75v and 2.4ghz I have load temps up to 54.

This is with all case fans being L1A's and running at 7v, so the computer is practicly inaudible.

I am currently using a tornado at 2.6k rpms and it's silent and probably does 40 or so cfm :)....I also get better temps with the tornado like this then the smartfan2 running as silent.......I am going to get a baybus so I can run the tornado at 3.5k which is also silent...I had a fan speed controller I made from radio shack parts....but it started on fire and melted my harddrive and dvd drive :(

Back